Why I hate you when you ignore me.

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Ever walk into a store and hear some employee yell "I'm fine too thanks"? Yeah. We call you out when you ignore us. I know how old it gets to be greeted by some cheerful employee at every door in the mall, asking how you're doing and making sure you know about any current sales. How do I know? Because it gets even older having to tell over 500 people a day what our sales are and ask them how they are doing.

But we are REQUIRED to say hi to every single moron that walks through the door. If I don't, I get written up. I mean, I really don't care too much how your day was but I also don't want to be treated like I don't exist or am the BIGGEST INTERRUPTION to your day. Hi. I'm a person. I deserve a basic amount of respect and human decency. Shoving your hand in my face or condescendingly telling me you can read when I tell you the promo is nothing more than a lack of basic manners and means you're probably generally a terrible person. I am well aware we have 47 signs hanging from the ceiling about the sale. I hung them all with fishing line teetering on the top of a 10 foot ladder the previous night to hang them and almost died. Twice. But more than half the people that come up to the register go "OMG I HAD NO IDEA THESE WERE ON SALE!!" when we ask if they'd like to take advantage of the promo. So no, you're not reading the signs, and double no, you're not listening to a word anyone else says. 

Another reason we verbally try to make our customers aware of the promos is because you guys can't fucking read. Sign says "Buy one, get one at 50% off" and then below that in smaller letters "Of equal or lesser value". This means exactly what it says. It does not mean if you purchase a $2 item and a $50 item you get the $50 item for half off. Don't be a fucking cheapskate. We're not stupid and neither are you. You are trying to scam my company out of money which indirectly is scamming me out of my paycheck. It also does not mean because they are on sale you get the second one free. Or that all items are 50% off. Or anything else. If there are signs by the shirts, it is the shirts that are on sale. Not our shoes. Or pants. Or dresses. Those are not marked on sale. Just the shirts. Don't be a fucking dumbass. Use your eyes and your brain. You were gifted with both so make good use of them.

Also, seriously, it's rude to just flat out ignore another person. But the second you need help it is unacceptable we're finishing up the transaction we're in the middle of and won't leave our register to get you that shirt in a larger size right away. It goes both ways guys. Treat me with kindness and respect, and I will bend over backwards for you. Treat me like dirt however, and I will do as little as I can to help you and not get in trouble with my boss. 

No comments:

Post a Comment