If you have kids over the age of 14, you're going to want to read this:

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Parents? I'm looking at you today. I think back to my childhood and realize that at 16, I was better behaved than most 22 year olds today. So what exactly are you teaching your kids now? To be condescending little shits when we tell them that no, we can't in fact take your parent's credit card that has "see ID" written on the back without said parent present and their ID? Or perhaps it is to steal from businesses? Or possibly to throw our items on the floor then spit your gum into them so we lose money on damaged items? Or maybe is it to completely ignore anyone and everyone in their general area and then lose their minds when informed of rules/sales/anything?

What's that I hear you thinking? "My kid would never act like that, s/he's unique little sunflower that most people just don't 'get'."? Yeah. No they're not. When you're not around, they are disrespectful little fucks and I'm willing to bet money they're the same around you but you're too fucking blind to see it. Man if I pulled half the shit I see these teens do on a regular basis, my mother would have smacked me good.

If I had a dollar for every time a teenager rolled their eyes at me for doing my job during the month, I'd have enough to pay my freaking mortgage. "Do you have our rewards card?" "UGH NO. *rolls eyes* I just wanna get new shoesssssssssssss." Cool bitch. Most of the time, if you have our card, you get a discount on your purchase. Sorry I'm trying to save you fucking money. How about I just ignore your attitude and continue. "Your total is $73.86!" "WHAAAAAAAAT? THE SIGN SAYS REWARDS MEMBERS GET 20% OFF!!!!" Yes, it does. But you don't have a rewards card you dumb little shit. I know because I fucking asked you for it and you gave me a shit attitude. I don't get paid enough to deal with this bullshit. And no, I don't have a card I can scan for you. So suck it.

And on the reverse of that, parents: when your kids are about 15/16, it's time to step off a little. For example, they know what size pants they wear. This past weekend I had a "regular" come in for jeans. He and his mom come in once every month or so for clothes and they always have "that argument". The mom clearly doesn't like what he buys, but by my best guess, the kid is 17 and I have never seen him dressed in a way that wasn't acceptable for church so... I think he's doing alright in the getting dressed department mom! But he prefers the "skinny" jeans for guys. His mom asks for more styles in a 34x32 and so I go find some. He asks to try them on and we get halfway to the fitting room and he sighs and goes "I wear a 32x32. My mom doesn't understand they are supposed to be fitted and these are going to fall off of me." I had to covertly sneak this poor kid the jeans he liked in his size while his mother HOVERED around the door to the fitting room to make sure he bought the size she wanted.

I'm not quite sure which is worse. Parents that let their kids treat people who are working like dirt, or parents that have wonderful, respectful children and cannot fucking cut the cord. I mean, neither is something I like dealing with and I have to wonder, what exactly have you been doing for the past 2 decades? Whatever it is, you need to evaluate that shit and fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment