It isn't all bad, I swear.

Thursday, April 18, 2013

I know this probably sounds like a ton of bitching, and you might be wondering why the HELL I still work there. It most certainly does suck a lot of the time, but one good customer/group of customers, can offset the shitty people for weeks on end. Seriously. Let me tell you about last night.

I was closing last night, not really in the mood to be working honestly but had to suck it up and go as my mortgage isn't going to pay itself. It was a slow day. REALLY slow day. And those are the worst. I have to be there for 8 hours. And I saw maybe 20 individual groups of people. Ugh. But this one group, oh man did I love them.

Two girls and three guys, two of which were clearly homosexual. Loud, funny, and slightly inappropriate the lot of them. Reminded me of my friends a bit. One of the fabulous boys comes over to buy some stuff and tells me about his life long crush on JTT. Yes I am showing my age, no I don't care. So I mention that I had heard JTT was making a comeback but couldn't remember what it was or where I had heard it. And then of course we discuss Macaulay Culkin like good little girls from the 90s. He scoots off to his group of friends again and I go about my work for the night. It's a sale change night so I have literally 100 things to get done in 30 minutes after we close, so I'm doing as much ahead of time as I can.

One of the girls this lovely man was with (they were all lovely don't get me wrong, second favorite customers of my career) was trying to find a second item to take advantage of our sale, and was looking at one of the 6 items that wasn't included in it. I go to inform her of that, and walk in on totally inappropriate jokes about gay sex. I mean, from creepy people, I'd have been asking them to leave, but these guys were not creepy and just clearly having a great time. They retold the joke for me, I laughed with them, and we all started talking about life and stuff.

Finally they're ready to check out, and ALL of them come to the register. Chaos. Beautiful yelling, shouting chaos. Both from my customers and from me. Fortunately I have a little wiggle room with professional image considering where I work, so if I'm joking around loudly with a customer, it's not really anything out of line.

These guys ended up spending 4 times what they had originally came in for, didn't give any fucks, and offered to buy me dinner on my break for being so awesome. I declined since I have a crazy person diet, but told them where I hang out on my days off because really I'd love to be able to tell them off the clock how freaking amazing they were. Or hug them. Or something.

And guys, if you ever find this, I told you that you were all going in my blog!!

No comments:

Post a Comment