Oh, I'm sorry, you must have misread my nametag. It does NOT say babysitter.

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Oh I could talk about this for HOURS. I mean, I am not a fan of most small children. They're messy, dirty, smell, and make really high pitched noises that literally hurt my ears almost constantly. I don't find babies adorable, or anything toddlers do excusable because "oh they're just kids".

I was a kid. If I knocked over a whole display of jewelry in a store, I would get dragged right back to it by the back of the shirt, told to help the sales woman clean it up, then apologize and mean it, before being taken straight home for a talking to about behaving in public. A very few parents still operate this way. I have no idea why, but my generation flat out SUCKS at raising children. And even at just watching their own.

I get at least 3 young children unattended in my store on any given day. I don't mean like 12 young, which is still too young to be wandering the mall alone as far as I'm concerned. I'm talking like 6 and under young. They just walk in with no parent in tow, run around, touch everything with their sticky hands, and scream. AWESOME. I totally get paid enough to deal with that.

Or, on the other side of the coin, a woman walks in with her kids, ignores them the second they cross the threshold of our store, is far too involved in our lingerie section and by the time she remember she has a kid, I've watched it walk out and across the way to the Pretzel Shop trying to steal their pretzels because it's a kid. Now half of you are sitting there telling me I'm irresponsible and should have not let that kid run away. Guess what? I don't have children. So it's not my responsibility to watch them at all. Yes, I was keeping an eye on it, but for the protection of the child and not to assist the mother who clearly ignores the kid all the time. Should anyone have tried to take that kid, I would have been on their ass in a heart beat with security being called by a coworker from my store. But so long as the kid was safe, I don't care how scared the mother is. Watch your own children.

Nothing in our store is really kid friendly. We don't sell toys, we don't have a kids section, we do have some candy, but I don't think candy is a thing small children should be eating. So why, WHY do you let your kids come in here unattended and mess up everything? You don't want to come in here, I see you sitting on the bench 100 feet away yapping on your phone. Either come in with your kid, or your kid is getting sent back out. I am not responsible for anything that happens to unattended children because I am a cashier. I am not your babysitter. And I certainly won't help you parent. Don't wanna watch your own kids? A - Don't have them, B - Leave them home with someone. Or if none of those work for you, most malls have a babysitting service! Just ask at the customer service desk if they do daycare services, and some peppy young girl with sing and laugh and play with your kids while you shop without them.

Whatever you do, don't just let them wander in my store or forget they exist once you wander in. As far as I'm concerned, a mother who flat out FORGETS she has children because she is too excited about "clubwear" is not only a slut, but fucking scum of the earth. So do us all a favor and realize we're here to do our jobs, not watch your kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment